Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Seeing Babies

Babies are such an amazing thing. If you have one of your own or not you can’t deny how miraculous they are. I have loved being around babies since I was very young. To be honest the reason I went to church when I was younger was to work in the nursery with all the babies  I don’t even mind fussing babies. If I’m holding someone else’s baby and they start fussing and they’re like “you want me to take them?” Nope I’m good. I just marvel in them. This little thing came out of someone and changed everyone’s world for the better and they have no idea. They’re just there soaking in the love and attention.
One thing I thought and was honestly a little worried about when we lost Trysten was that I wasn’t going to be able to look at someone else’s baby the way I always have before. That thought when you’re lying in the hospital bed crying over your child, that every time you see another baby you’re just going to have a meltdown. Yes it is hard. Hard to see other Moms loving their babies and making them smile. Hard to see a mom get frustrated with their child and you want to go up to them and say hey just remember though they frustrate you now…think if they weren’t there anymore –and I know I’m not the only one that has these feelings. Though that part is hard I’m glad my love/draw to babies hasn’t gone away. Yes there are different thoughts that go through my head now than before but I still admire babies that go by and get excited to see them.
I was very lucky Sunday to get to meet little Aaliyah – was so amazing. She was so small and precious. She was only 4 days old  . I couldn’t put her down! Literally ha we had lunch at Applebee’s and I just held her the whole time. Enjoyed that weight and feeling in my arms again. It was so cute to see Bugs with her too. She held Aaliyah a few times, was adorable. We laughed when she said she was heavy but for a six year old I suppose 3lb is a bit of weight, since Trysten was 4+ and Aaliyah was 7+. Really just enjoyed the afternoon with Desi and getting to meet her new little bundle. Still trying to convince her to move down ;) ha.
This whole thing though has really opened my eyes to the things that are worth stressing over. The things that I used to get frustrated over just don’t seem to matter at all anymore. Just a lot more settled and oddly happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment