Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Our Son, A Month Early

So there's a lot to update since the last time I actually blogged. I had started on one that was going through all the things I had done over my birthday weekend (Feb 22nd). It was quite a lot. I hadn't even realized how much till Sunday night when my body wasn't happy with me. From not sleeping a whole ton from baby kicks starting Thursday night then going out to eat Friday night out to dinner. Which from here doesn't seem like much...then we hit Saturday, where I got up early (well for a Saturday) and started cleaning, then Mom came over to help me manage Bugs room (it was bad ha) - we got rid of 2 boxes full of stuff. Then we went out for lunch. When we got back I figured I should take a nap before the night, that lasted like maybe an hour, then it was to get ready for my birthday dinner. I think what really set it off was sitting and playing Cards Against Humanity for 5 hours on wooden chairs. Add about 3 hours of sleep to that, breakfast, standing and chatting for 1.5hr. I know looking back "you idiot"... but it all just happened then the rest of Sunday was driving. 

 By Sunday evening I was feeling pretty sick & nauseous/trouble breathing/sharp pain in my shoulder/headache and then about 11 or so I finally puked and made Barry take me to the ER… (after calling the doc and talking to a friend that is a nurse and who just had a baby that dealt with kind of the same thing – she was in labor) They did a few tests, gave me some Maylox to see if it was acid reflex. Didn’t really do much for me but by that time they said if it didn’t they were talking about doing like a CT scan to check for a clot… I just wasn’t up for that. Barry and I were so tired, it was like 2am. They did do an EKG thing and that looked fine, baby’s heart rate was good, my blood pressure and oxygen was good so I’m like I think it was just pressure from the baby. Which the baby was very active, probably from me being so active he was like hey quit that… even though when I was “relaxing” baby was still wiggling a bunch – reasoning of not sleeping much for the last few days. As I was laying there I could feel my chest kind of tense up when a “contraction” would happen so I think baby was just moving so much and since there's no water all of it feels like contractions if he rolls and it all just settled/settling in my chest. It was mainly the shoulder pain and nausea that was buggin me since it wouldn’t go away no matter what I did. The I ate and drank water/sprite for the nausea and barry tried to massage my shoulder like 4 times and that didn’t fix it.

 Everything seemed normal Monday...then Tuesday! I was awaken at 5:30am with cramping, by the time I got up and headed to work it was still going on but all over the place. I tried to keep track of them (yay for apps) and they were very sporadic. So I kept on my day. Made it through work then headed to dance class with Bugs. By the time we got home and I had a chance to lay down they were getting stronger. When I put Bugs to bed they were pretty strong but still sporadic. I figured it was like Sunday again, when you look up all the stuff on when to go to the doctor it says 60sec long, 5 minutes apart. Well mine varied from 30 sec to 1.15 every 7-11min --- come to find later it's not about the time it's about the intensity! whaaaaaaa it should say that online ha. Now if you ask why I didn't know before, I was induced with Bugs and had the epidural pretty soon (back issues and labor don't mix). So I went on with the night...tired to lay down and sleep some, then it happened......Bugs got sick. I jumped up to help her and BAM it all started to roll. Think I had like 3 contractions while standing there with her puking. Took care of her, got her situated and then went in and told Barry, it was time to roll out - good thing we had just finished packing literally that night. Barry jumped in the shower quick, got Bugs ready to go and bags to the door and were on our way. Called Mom told her to get up there. By the time we got up there the contractions were getting pretty fierce. They put me in a starter room to get my vitals and check how far I was... I was 4cm. She said they were going to move us to a labor room and I was like could you have an epidural waiting for me there :) Even though I was doing good they were getting stronger and it was starting to feel like my spine was going to explode out. Which only increased the stronger my contractions went. Barry laughed at me because the last few contractions I was like "oh shit...oh craps..." might have thrown the 'f' out a few times ;) it helped me keep breathing. You can't talk without breathing and I didn't have to remind myself :) Almost made Barry pass out with my hand squeezing ha. - you know how you always see in videos/such the ladies yelling at their guy "I hate you! You did this to me!" Even though I was in pain pretty good, at no time did those thoughts ever cross my mind. I think I even said "I love you". I was just so happy to be there, be meeting our baby.-  

But I got the epidural just in time. They gave me a local also I think which was very helpful, I was ready for a nap after ha. Then the doc came in...checked me and I was 9cm and ready to head to the push room, we were in a different room that was right next to the NICU room. 

Some laughs and a little pushing and our precious baby boy was born. They took him to the next room to get started... Barry and Ang went with him, Mom and I soon to follow when they cleaned up. By the time they wheeled me in he was all hooked up to the machines, they were doing their tests and had him with a breathing tube. 

We had our decision to make - keep trying or take our time with him while we have it. We decided it was as it was and we wanted Bugs and our family to be able to see and enjoy his presence before he passed. We were lucky to have 6hrs of time with him and enjoyed every second. We have been overwhelmed by the amount of support not only from family/friends but many others. We will never be able to thank everyone enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment